At times, using your android phone without rooting it could be so dissatisfactory because you might not be able to install some interesting apps you may want to make use of on your android phone.
This is why it is important that you know how to root your android phone on your own even without a PC. In this tutorial, I am going to exposed you to 10 android apps you can easily use to root your android phone and get the most out of it. It is a simple Do it Yourself (DIY) methods of rooting just any android phones. These methods of rooting android phones works on all version of androids phones ranging from Android 1.0 Alpha (API 1), Android 1.1 Beta (API 2), Android 1.5 Cupcake (API 3), Android 1.6 Donut (API 4), Android 2.0 Eclair (API 5), Android 2.0.1 Eclair (API 6), Android 2.1 Eclair (API 7), Android 2.2 Froyo (API 8), Android 2.3 Gingerbread (API 9), Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread (API 10), Android 3.0 Honeycomb (API 11), Android 3.1 Honeycomb (API 12), Android 3.2 Honeycomb (API 13), Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (API 14), Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (API 15), Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (API 16), Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (API 17), Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (API 18), Android 4.4 KitKat (API 19), Android 4.4W KitKat, with wearable extensions (API 20), Android 5.0 Lollipop (API 21), Android 5.1 Lollipop (API 22), Android 6.0 Marshmallow (API 23), Android 7.0 Nougat (API 24) to the latest version of android *Android 7.1 Nougat (API 25)*.
Before I introduce you to the 10 androids apps you can use to root any android phones. Let quickly look at why you need to root your android phone, the Pros and Cons of rooting your phone.
Why you need to root your Adroid Phone
Rooting is the process that allows users of smartphones, tablets, and other devices to run the Android mobile phone to achieve privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device provides similar access to administrative (superuser) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like OS like Free BSD or OS X.
The roots are often carried out with the aim of overcoming constraints that carriers and hardware manufacturers place on some devices. Thus, the root provides the ability (or permission) to modify or replace system applications and settings, execute specialised applications ("apps") that require administrator-level permissions, or perform other operations, otherwise for a normal Android user Are inaccessible. On Android, the root can also facilitate the complete removal and replacement of the operating system of the device, usually with a newer version of its current operating system.
- Support for themes, allowing everything to be visually changed from the colour of the battery icon to the boot animation that appears while the device is booting, and more.
- Full control of the kernel, which, for example, allows overclocking and underclocking the CPU and GPU.
- Full application control, including the ability to backup, restore, or batch edit applications, or to remove bloatware that comes pre-installed on many phones.
- Custom automated system-level processes through the use of third-party applications.
- Ability to install a custom firmware (also known as a custom ROM) that allows additional levels of control on a rooted device.
- Your phone's guarantee will be void - as soon as your phone is rooted, the manufacturer's warranty will be void. If a problem develops, even if it is not caused by the roots, it will be a waste of time trying to claim a guarantee cover for the damages.
- Increased probability of "bricking" the phone - A "bricked" phone means a dead telephone and is the same as carrying around a brick in the pocket.
- Poor Performance - Some users experience reduced performance after rooting their phones. Despite the fact that the increase in device performance is what drove them into roots in the first place. You should remember that the roots of your phone make changes to the warehouse.
- More vulnerability to viruses - meanwhile, you should know that your smartphone is a target of viruses, malware, adware, and all kinds of crapware, just like your PC. If you are rooting your phone, you can also flash the user's ROM-ROM with custom programs. If such changes are made to the code of a software, the probability of introducing a virus increase.
10 Android Apps to root your android phones without PC
1. King Root
Unique Features Of KingRoot: –
How to Download and Us King root Apk on you Android phone
- Open the APK file with your default file manager.
- If your device displays “Installation Blocked” or something like this message then Go To Setting > Security > and there you can tick the “Unknown sources” box.
- Now, open the app.
- In the window it will show you “Start root”.
- Tap on start root and wait some time. It takes time to root your device.
- If your device is compatible, it will finish rooting after few minutes. If rooted successfully, you will see “rooted” screen which means you device has been successfully rooted. Congrats!!!!!! You can now enjoy all features of rooting your android.
- To become more sure, you can go to google play, search and download Root Checker app to Check if the Root is successful. You are always welcome to share your experience or errors in our comment box. If you are still confused, you can view screenshots at the end of this page
This is one of the top app that comes to rank 1 when we talk about the roots of any phone without a PC. This APK is still the best APK ever to root any mobile without a PC / computer. This app has rooted thousands of devices that support their exploits. This app is a must try for any mobile phone.
Framaroot has many exploits to root any Android device without a PC / computer. Most of the exploits of Framaroot are created for MTK chipset Android phones. Follow the following methods to root your Android mobile through Framaroot.
How to use Framaroot
- Download Framaroot from the top Link. (Just click on the link to download Framaroot).
- Install APK into your Android phone and Open Framaroot from the app drawer now.
- Just click on Boromir and wait until Su is not successfully installed.
In case it shows exploit error, then you must try to root any other app to your Android device.
Video tutorial to root your phone without PC with Framaroot
3. Universal Android Root
This app is very popular with geeks for the purpose of rooting their phone without a PC. Just download this apk and install in your Android phone and you are ready to go. This is one of the best rooting apk undoubtedly that can give you a shot. If you are not able to root your Android phone with Framaroot, then you must try this app once.
This is one of the easiest method to securely root any Android phone. Universal Android Root is the basic Android app that can root almost any device without any problems. It is best to use Framaroot as an alternative. Follow below method to root Android Mobile with Universal Android Root.
Steps to the root phone with Universal AndRoot
- Just download Universal AndRoot from the top link.
- Install it in your Android phone. (Make sure you have Unknown sources enabled in Settings).
- Now open Universal AndRoot from the app drawer.
- Click Root to start the root process.
Note: Before you root your Android phone, make sure you have selected the correct Android version. Otherwise, it will not be able to root your Android phone with its exploits.
Video Tutorial On How to Root Android phone with Universal Android root
IRoot is one of the best android apk to root Android mobile phone without need of computer / PC. IRoot is a popular name for Power Android users. It is a Chinese app, but there are many mods for this app in English. In many recent years, iRoot has been an excellent position of its users as it constantly updates its users to support more recent models.
Have you ever heard of Vroot? I am damn sure that must be aware of this popular software to root Android device in one click. IRoot APK is designed by the Vroot developers to provide users with more flexibility.
Steps to Rooting Android Phone with iRoot
- First of Download Download iRoot from the top Download Button.
- Once you downloaded the IRoot APK file successfully.
- Tap this file to install it in your Android phone.
- So now you have iRoot installed in your Android phone.
- Open the iRoot application on your Android phone.
- Tap I agree.
- Just click on the root button in the iRoot app.
- It will root your Android phone successfully.
Video Tutorial on How to use iRoot
5. Using Z4Root
This app is one of the oldest apps to root Android without a computer without the danger of hard brick from Android Mobile. If you own an Android phone from a good brand like HTC, Sony, Motorola and Samsung, this APK is probably the best to rooted your Android phone without a computer. This apk has success rate of 99% on all devices of the Samsung Galaxy S series.
In the last update of Z4Root, they have added a temporary root function, which is 99% of Android phones without a computer currently root. (Although the disadvantage of this feature is that you lose root access after a reboot, but still is a great feature for beginners who want to test some root applications).
Steps to Rooting Android Smartphones Without a Computer with Z4Root
- Download Z4Root apk from above download button.
- Install Z4Root APK into yours M Android phone. (Make sure you've allowed Unknown Sources in Settings).
- Open the Z4Root app now in your Android Phone.
- Click the root button.
- Wait a few seconds to make sure Z4Root has completed its job.
- Now, simply re-start your Android phone to root it without a computer.
If everything works well, then this apk is its job to simply root your Android phone without any kind of problem.
Video tutorial explains Z4Root
6. Towel root
Use, towel root, you can use most of the HTC devices such as HTC One M7 without a PC. Just click Make it rain after installing this apk. Towel root has good success rate in rooting most Android smartphones without a computer. As, I've already told you that it's safe to use APK, as they will not get off your Android phone, so you can give this APK a shot without difficulty.
Download Towel Root
Towel root was not designed exclusively in Galaxy S5 thread, but this APK has been successful in rooting many other devices as well. Therefore, I recommend you use this APK to root your Android smartphone without a computer.
How to Use Towel Root
- First, backup your Android device. So, if you ask any problems, you can restore your valuable data with ease.
- Download Towel Root from link given above.
- Once you have downloaded APK from Towel Root, install it in your Android device. (Make sure you have allowed unknown sources in the settings).
- Open the towel root and click Make it Rain.
- Now just wait It takes some minutes to install Su library in your Android device.
Video tutorial for the rooting of phone without PC with Towel root
7. Baidu Root
BaiduRoot is a popular app that is available for both PC and mobile phones. BaiduRoot can root almost any device (BaiduRoot supports more than 6000 devices). In addition, Baidu Root has its own su privilege app, which is different from SuperSU (SuperSU is offered by other root APKs offered for Android phone).
Download Baidu Root
- Download Baidu Root APK from above.
- Install APK now in your Android phone. (Before you install this APK, make sure you have Unknown sources enabled in the settings).
- Open Baidu Root App now
- Now click on the root button and wait for the success bar to reach 100%.
- Start your Android phone now and search for Baidu Root App in the app drawer now.
- After the reboor, if there is Baidu superuser app in the app drawer, then you have successfully rooted your Android phone without a computer.
Video Tutorial on How root Android phones with Baidu root
8. Easy Rooting Toolkit
This app is one of the most working app to root any Android smartphone. This app can just root almost any Sony device. Simple root toolkit installs Busybox along with su files in your Android phone. Although this exploit is patched by most device manufacturers, but you can still give this app a try. Recently, Easy Rooting Toolkit has recently updated its app to V3.0, which has fixed many bugs and added new devices like Xperia C2, Xperia Z2, etc.
- First download Easy Rooting Toolkit apk from up button.
- Now install this APK in your Android phone (Make sure Unknown sources is enabled in Settings).
- App App & Click Root.
- Wait a few seconds and when it shows the success message.
- Simply start your Android phone to check if you installed Superuser app in your app drawer.
9. Using CF Auto Root
Here comes another apk to root each Android device without a computer. This app from Chainfire can simply root your Samsung series smartphones without a PC. As recently I received many comments that they are not always successful in rooting their Samsung Android mobile, So We Dreamy Tricks has added this new app that can root almost all Samsung phones. So for what you are waiting for? Attempts this apk now
Download CF Root
Steps to Root Android Phone with CF Auto Root
- First of all, download CF Auto Root apk from the top button.
- Install APK from CF Auto Root on your Android phone. (Make sure that unknown sources are enabled in the settings).
- Once you have successfully installed CF Auto Root, open it.
- Click Root my phone button.
- After a few minutes, restart your Android phone and check whether Superuser app is displayed in the app tray or not. If Super User App shows then, you've successfully rooted your Android phone.
10. Using Root Master
Root Master A Click Root is one of the effective method to root Android without a PC easily. If you have tried above method to root your Android smartphone and get no success, then I recommend you use this method. This method is completely free to use. In addition, many users have success in rooting their Android phone with Root Master One Click Root. In addition, it is first English APK, the Android Android without a computer.
How to root Android Phone with Root Master
- Download Root Master apk from up button.Save your device.
- Install APK in your Android phone. (Make sure you have enabled Unknown Sources in Preferences)
- Open Root Master application in your Android phone and click Tap root.
- Wait a few minutes and restart your Android phone now.
How to check whether the device is successfully rooted or not?
Are you confused about whether or not you have rooted your Android phone. In this section, I will tell you the name of an app that will tell you how to check if your Android device is rooted by using APK or not.
- First download and install Root Checker from the Play Store.
- Open this app and click Verify Root.
- If your Android phone is successfully rooted, it will show that congratulations, root access is successfully installed in your Android phone.
So, it was about how you can root your Android phone without a PC or computer. In this article, we have listed 10 different APKs that can root any Android phone without a PC.
All of these APKs are completely free to use. Please note that we are not responsible for any damage caused to your phone or its data. So, use this APK completely at your risk.
So which APK rooted your Android phone without computer? We would like to hear it in the comments section. If you have any problems in any of the above method, then feel free to comment below.